Click Chicks Photo Challenge| Health

I’m pushing forward with my new health y lifestyle this year and I’m loving it so far. I’ve started to incorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables into my diet. I am currently on the clean eating plan, which is a task in itself, but I’m sticking to it and making revisions to my meal plans from eMeals.

7 day clean-eating_challlenge image

My favorite thing to make is smoothies! I love fruit and I get to enjoy them when I make smoothies. I’ve been making smoothie recipes from this book I like to call the “holy grail of smoothie books”. It’s called “The Big Book of Juices” and I love it! I wrote about this book when I first started my weight loss journey and you can find out more about it here.

Smoothie-Recipe-Book-The-Lovely-Photog

One of my favorite recipes in the book is the “Pink Banana Smoothie”. The recipe can be found here

Pink-Banana-Smoothie-The-Lovely-Photog

I’ve been trying to incorporate more leafy vegetables in my diet as well. I have been using spinach in just about everything I can put it in. I use spinach in my smoothies and also in my meals. I love to cook it with chicken breasts to make a really great dinner dish. Just add a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella on top and you have a healthy dinner.

Chicken-and-Spinach-Dish-The-Lovely-Photog

I’m excited about my new healthy lifestyle. Great health is what I want for this year and I’m happy to be making the changes for myself as well as my family.

Tell Me…

How are you getting healthy this year?

Click Chick

Link Up Here—-> http://new.inlinkz.com/luwpview.php?id=361306

Join us each Thursday!

The month of January features popular resolutions as the photo challenges so you can share your plans and your progress. If you’d like to link up, head over to Krystal’s Kitsch to post your photo link.

Click Chicks is a photography challenge that focuses on pictures that bloggers take. Please tag #ClickChicks in your Twitter and Instagram feeds as well!

1/9: Vision

1/16: Health

1/23: Organize

1/30: Reads

Advertisements

17 thoughts on “Click Chicks Photo Challenge| Health

1. Kirsten says:

Proud of you for joining the journey. Looking forward to smoothie recipes from you 🙂 Unfortunately I recently discovered banana does not agree with me I love it but noticed super bloat from it 😦

2. mrsthaywood says:

I LOVE Smoothies…I discovered them over the summer when I tried out a new dole product (frozen pre cut fruit)…it is awesome…I will have to check this book out because that smoothie looks and sounds delish!

• The Lovely Photog says:

It’s so great! It’s really easy and convenient too when you use frozen fruit and add your favorite juice, water or yogurt. I usually use apple juice. It’s really good 🙂

Thanks for stopping by!

3. Kita says:

This looks so good! I am starting to get new recipes and learn to eat healthier. My family is southern and fries EVERYTHING! So I want to change that! I am going to look into emeals because this is the second time I have heard about this meal plan program.

4. Patricia Knight says:

I love that book of juices! There are many tasty recipes in there. Sadly, my blender broke and I haven’t been able to make myself smoothies as of late. I will have to remedy that soon though.

As for how I’m getting healthy this year, a friend and I have committed our families to taking hikes every Monday in Joshua Tree national Park since I live just down the road from the west entrance. Not only am I getting outdoors, its giving me time to photograph the beauty of the desert.

I hope you’ll share some of your healthy recipes throughout the year!

Patricia
    #SITStribe

• The Lovely Photog says:

Isn’t it wonderful! I hope you get a new blender soon! It’s a godsend.

That sounds like a lot of fun! I’m hoping to do more of that with my family when the spring comes. Nice walks in the parks and hikes on Pinnacle Mountain. I love shooting outdoors too! I can’t wait to see what you shoot!

I will definitely share more recipes! 🙂

Thanks for stopping by!

5. Divya says:

I love smoothies as well, especially strawberry and banana one. Beautiful pictures of food, I have to yet to try out food photography it’s one of my resolutions this year. Looking forward to reading more of your recipes and beautiful photos !

Divya
    #SITStribe

6. Dina Farmer says:

Hi LeSha! It’s Dina from the SITS Tribe! Please to meet you!

The smoothie is the way I con my little one into eating fruits and veggies! I like to make pear and green been smoothies! They are yummy and green!

• The Lovely Photog says:

Hi Dina! Nice to meet you 🙂
      That’s how I con my husband into eating more fruits and vegetables! It’s really good if you have a great recipe! I’ve never tried pear or green beans in my smoothies! I’ll have to try that in the future 🙂

Thanks for stopping by 🙂

7. Mary Juett says:

I’m on a healthier eating mission as well! However, I HATE smoothies, and I sort of envy your love for them. I’ve tried to love them, but I just can’t do it. I do LOVE vegetables though. Roasting them is my favorite! Brings out the flavor without a lot of extra seasonings. Yum!

• The Lovely Photog says:

It took me awhile to like the texture of smoothies but they’re pretty tasty! There are some that are more seedier than others, but they’re really great depending on what you mix together 🙂 I love cooking vegetables too and sauteing them is my favorite 🙂 I will definitely try roasting them. Have you tried roasting peppers? I have some and would love to try it 🙂

Thanks for stopping by!