Life + Updates | What I’ve Been Up To Lately

It’s been awhile since I’ve blogged about what’s going in my life…so here we go…

We are officially over our loud and obnoxious bigfoot neighbor! He is constantly stomping up and down the stairs, which are located right next to the wall of our living room. He always comes home very loudly during nap time. He wakes up randomly throughout the night and proceeds to move furniture, drop things, and flush the very loud toilet that sounds like a waterfall coming down the wall in our hallway, which our apartment manager failed to mention that the plumbing pipes here are very loud! We are making the steps now to move toward home ownership because apartment life sucks!

I’m in my last semester of college (for now)!Β I’m officially a senior and I’m so excited to be finally done with this part of my life. I will be graduating with an Associates of Arts and an Associates of Science in May. After this semester, I will be moving forward with pursuing nursing so that will be my next chapter in life. I urge anyone who has young children now, to help guide them while they’re young on what they would want to do as a career. Growing up, we never had that and although our parents were always very accepting of whatever we chose to do when we got in high school, but we definitely needed a bigger push. I was one of those young teens straight out of high school, who basically wasted years at college with no goal in mind. I had an idea of being a quack psychologist but quickly gave up the idea, as I still want to be a functional human being after work lol. There’s no way to do that job without letting you affect you in some type of way…not in a good way either

I finally got a much needed upgrade on my camera! My previous camera, a Nikon D3100, is a really great beginner entry level camera. I got it as a steal on Amazon. I have really enjoyed using it and there isn’t much I can complain about it. I will be doing a full review on it soon. I always knew I wanted to upgrade, as I do photography part time with my business. I finally got the push to get an upgrade, when my camera decided to grow wings and fly off the tripod with the external flash attached and my on camera flash became broken. I have a huge plug torn out the top and I can’t attach an external flash on it anymore. The camera body wasn’t damaged in the fall and continues to work, so I’ll probably use it for family or have my husband practice with it, as I’m trying to get him on board with photography too. I upgraded to the Nikon D5200, another crop sensor DSLR and I’m really excited to use it. Needless to say, the book for the camera is thicker than a small hand bible but I’m looking forward to learning more about it. Pictures coming soon!

ImageOh and I finally took some camera selfies!

Image

Tell Me…

How do you keep up with the blogs you follow?

I follow some of you by email but I feel that I still can’t catch everyone’s post

Which alternative has been best for you? RSS, Email, BlogLovin…

Advertisements

16 thoughts on “Life + Updates | What I’ve Been Up To Lately

1. Asia says:

Bloglovin’ is how I stay up to date on my blogs :). I really wanted the D5300 but I didn’t have enough money at the time so I opted for the 3200. Still a big upgrade from my old 3000 lol

• The Lovely Photog says:

I wanted the 7100 but my money is funny too lol I should head over to Blog Lovin and catchup The WP reader is too long for me to go through lol Looking forward to seeing your pictures πŸ™‚

• Asia says:

I didn’t even want to look at the price for a 7100 lol. Bloglovin’ is great and easy to use, love the app too. Can’t wait to see your pictures too πŸ™‚

2. Megan says:

How exciting to get a new camera! Does the 5200 do a lot more than the 3100? I’m shooting with a 3200 and really don’t know what more I could ask for (besides a full frame sensor).
    I use the reader built into WordPress to keep up with photo blogs. I’ve heard good things about Bloglovin, but I haven’t tried it yet.

• The Lovely Photog says:

The 5200 definitely has a lot more capabilities than my last camera, including higher MP, more in camera settings and effects, more frames per second, a flip out screen…so much more! The 3000 series of Nikon cameras are really great, but as a photographer I have to have more to work with for better quality prints for my clients. I can’t wait to be able to afford a full sensor camera, they are definitely expensive but oh so worth it πŸ™‚

Thank you so much reading! πŸ™‚

3. jvkom says:

Congrats on the new camera! I just need to learn how to use the one I have. I use bloglovin. I’m thinking of email subscribing. I follow so many great blogs and hate missing posts. Glad you are well my friend

• The Lovely Photog says:

Thank you so much! I am definitely going to read my manual and anything else I can find more information on because there’s so much more to learn when you upgrade πŸ™‚ What do you shoot with?

Thank you so much for dropping by πŸ™‚

4. takeiinspired says:

Very nice upgrade! I agree with you on apartment living lol my neighbor seems like a nice guy but him, his dog, and his girlfriend are so loud and seem to stomp when they walk…I like bloglovin too

5. Melody says:

I look forward to hearing your camera review! I’m trying to decide which DSLR I’m going to invest in as a beginning photographer/blogger! I’d love to see some of your work