Previously Written (Jan. 15th 2014)
(Update at the Bottom of the Post)
It’s officially my 29th birthday today and I’m so excited for what’s in store for me this year! I’m claiming abundance and growth in my life this year and I’m going to try and seize every opportunity to move forward in my life!
I also share this special day with Martin Luther King Jr. and I always try and acknowledge his legacy on this day!
Happy Birthday MLK Jr. !
(January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968)
In light of my birthday, I wanted to join the bandwagon and commit to a 30 before 30 list for this year! I created this list with what I want to accomplish and what I could accomplish given the fact that I have a toddler at home.
So without further adieu…here’s my list
I will be scratching through each accomplishment and posting about it on the blog if I can
1. Visit a winery
2. Visit an orchard
3. Go to a concert
4. Get a glam makeup makeover
5. Take my mom on a girl’s day out
6. Family Vacation
7. Day Spa Treatment
8. Shoot a gun at a gun range
9. Publish a Kindle book
10.Ride a horse
Photo shoot for family portraits 12. Lose 30lbs (lost 10lbs)
13. A makeover photo shoot for myself
14. Print and File Old photos (computer crashed before I could) 😦
15. Go to an art exhibit opening
16. Go to a runway show
17. Attend a bridal show
18. Upgrade my camera and website 19. Crochet a blanket for my daughter (Started)
20. Host a dinner party
21. Get a new tattoo or piercing
22. Design and sew a dress or shirt for myself
23. Go on a romantic getaway with my husband
24.Take an art class
25. Attend a blogging event/conference
26. Run a 5k Race
27. Give to Charity
28. Read 30 books
29. Take a dance class
30. Celebrate 30th birthday on a beach!
Although my intentions were good for making this list, I have unfortunately managed to only complete a few things. Some of the goals I have for this list are unrealistic for the time limit, since I am a stay at home and student. I’m looking forward to knocking these goals off my list for the remainder of the months and the next year moving forward. Making this list has helped me to have fun goals for things that I have always wanted to do. I’m looking forward to turning 30 and reaching another milestone in my life.
Have you made a list like this for a birthday? How successful were you in completing it?